View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Default a big THANK YOU to REA Auctions

Posted By: scott brockelman

Much to my surprise and pleasure i received the very large Ramly advertising piece from Rob Lifson/Robert Edwards Auctions today. I was aware it was being packaged and shipped by Craters and Freighters, WOW! this very fragile and large piece came in a custom made plywood box on a pallet by freight truck. Now i know how Monet's and other fine pieces of art must be shipped. To say the least it was in immaculate condition, not a ding, scrape, or cracked glass, hell not even a finger print!

(please excuse my rambling writing, my full house just got beat by a higher full house on party poker, DAMN!)

To say the least they went above and beyond the call of duty. I paid about $170 for shipping for all of my winning lots in REA and offered to pay more to ship this rare and fragile item. They replied that they would take care of all costs, and I have every reason to believe the actual shipping well exceeded my billed amount.

I want to give a big thanks to Rob and his entire staff for the handling of this from start to finish.

While most have seen the catalogue, here is the item that i have sought for 5 years after losing the bidding on the only other 1 known. It is quite large almost 2' x 3' and as the auction states entirely done by hand, you can seen vestiges of the orginal pencil drawings for the hand lettering and the photo is unbelievable, with a very young smokey joe wood in the foreground among many other greats.

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/site/bidplace.aspx?itemid=4563

Scott