View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 04:11 PM
B!ll K!ng

Default Thanks to Ted Zanidakis and Net54!!

I wanted to write a note of thanks to Ted Zanidakis and all of the Net54 community for their kindness and generosity. I have been a member here for a little more than a year. I don’t post very much, for I know much less than so many of the members here, but I read Net54 nearly every day, and I am so grateful to the members of this community for providing such a wonderful place to learn and escape. I have learned so much about Old Judge cards, pre-war caramel cards, T205s, T207s, and, especially, T206s. My childhood love of collecting has been rekindled.

Last week, I was reading Ted Zanidakis’ T206 post, and he had posted a trivia question – with the first correct answer receiving a T206 card in return. I had just read Cait Murphy’s Crazy ’08 book, and there was a passage about the question Ted had posed. Long story short, when I went to my mailbox this afternoon, there was a lovely T206 card awaiting me, provided as a gift from Ted. I can’t begin to thank Ted enough for the generosity and kindness of his gift – it evoked a feeling of joyous wonder that I felt collecting as a child – but it also felt emblematic of the kindness of this community. I thank all of you for helping to create such a wonderful place for learning and sharing.

The card the Ted sent (Hunter – Brooklyn) is my first T206 card. I have been looking at the set for much of the last year and trying to learn as much as I can about it. This feels like the perfect kick-off to starting a collection of T206s. I am not yet sure how to proceed – maybe a team set, maybe a selection of different backs, maybe simply choosing those cards with the images that feel more compelling – but of course this is part of the joy of collecting.

My deepest thanks to Ted for his kind gift, and my thanks to all of you for creating this wonderful corner of the internet. Thank you.

Bill