View Single Post
Old 10-19-2016, 03:23 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantz View Post
I took some time and looked at about half of my Polar Bears. Sorry to say that I have no matches on the cards posted so far in this thread.

Here are a few things I did see on the backs of the cards I checked out.

These 3 cards had plate scratches on the backs. O'Leary (hok), Lajoie and Ritter.

Purtell & Jack White have vertical lines in almost the same spots as the 4 other cards I listed in my earlier post.

Doc White has a ink splotch in the "e" of Bear along with a crop line (+) in the upper right corner.

My Pelty, Sweeney, Conroy and Slagle were different than the cards you posted, meaning the print was clean or they didn't have a plate scratch on them.

My Meyers card was different in the fact that the "s" in the second "always" had a ink splotch dividing the letter.

When I get some time in the next few days I will take a look at the rest of my Polar Bears and post up anything that may help.

Jantz
Hi Jantz,
I went through my scans because I thought I remembered seeing defects similar to the ones you describe on your Doc White and Meyers. I didn't find any but I did discover a Cobb (Red Port) that matched one of the Camnitz (H.A.H,)/Mullin (With Bat ) pairs.
Cobb-Camnitz.jpg