View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Gerry

Default Kreindler's Mathewson

I'm not so sure how appropriate this is for this forum, but I had to take the opportunity to share my appreciation for having discovered Graig's talents here on this board.

The Mathewson portrait which Graig painted and has been discussed here over the past several weeks arrived at my home yesterday and I wasted no time in positioning it in my "baseball room".

As many of you who attended the National attested, the photographs of it simply do not do it justice - it is one of the finest works of art I have ever seen. Sure I'm partial to Matty, but honestly, I am simply blown away. It is literally is as if Christy is there in my home - so lifelike, so real...so hard to explain.

I poured myself a drink and sat there examining it, wondering what Matty was thinking when the shot was taken. "Alright now, Charley, let's get on with it - I've got a game to pitch," maybe is one scenario. Nevertheless, it is one of Matty's finest portraits, and Graig captured it as no one else can.

To Graig - thanks again my new friend - your gifts are amazing - I look forward to more!

To Jimmy - thanks for introducing Graig to this board!

To the rest, please be sure to check out more of Graig's works here:

http://graigkreindler.com/
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Christy_Mathewson_1911-2.jpg (73.2 KB, 607 views)