View Single Post
Old 12-13-2019, 07:20 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Reflections on 1949 BOWMAN's (25 HOFers, many Rookies)...show-N-tell us of your cards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.1969 View Post
Here is a SABR poll from May, which shows at least 1949 is gaining steam. I linked readers to your excellent article at http://oldcardboard.com/misc/issue09/issue09.asp

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Jason

That poll shows us that 42 % of collectors have been "brainwashed" by PSA with their phony "1948" date on their flips. PSA should recall every single 1949 LEAF card
that they have graded, and re-grade them correcting the the date on their flip. But, we know they won't do this. So, the "fake news" will continue.

Hey guys,
I appeal to your common sense of logic. Certain bios on the backs of the 1949 LEAF cards provide proof as to when these cards were issued. I do no expect you to start
reading numerous bios to prove it to yourself. Displayed here is one card that tells the whole story, Lou Boudreau's bio......check-it-out.

Lou Boudreau's MVP Award was announced in December of 1948.

And, for those of you who would counter..... "well some cards were issued in 1948, while others in 1949". Well. that is sheer "horse-crap".
The COPYRIGHT date on the back of each card identifies when its Bio was written and registered.

Here is an uncut sheet of the 1st Series cards issued in early Spring of 1949. I, and many other old-time collectors, acquired these cards in 1949.
And NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE, has ever said they acquired them in 1948. I did a survey some years ago in which I asked this of collectors who
grew up in various parts of the country in the late 1940's.

For those of you who value accurate dating of BB card sets, I leave you with this....get a copy of http://oldcardboard.com/misc/issue09/issue09.asp.
You'll find it worthwhile and very interesting.

TED Z

T206 Reference

Last edited by tedzan; 12-13-2019 at 08:58 PM.