View Single Post
Old 10-24-2007, 08:10 AM
Administrator

Default Haddix perfect game Ticket Stub

Posted By: Rob Dewolf

Paul,

I'm basing this guess-timate on what I've paid for Indians no-hitter stubs from the same era. Obviously this game has much more historical significance attached to it than a typical no-hitter, plus there were just more than 19,000 in attendance, a rather low figure. If it's a nice-sized stub and has the date/year printed on it, I'd say $250-$400.

Often it's possible to pinpoint the years of ticket stubs when the year isn't actually printed by using perpetual calendars, along with the price that's printed on the ticket. That's why I mentioned the inclusion of the year on the stub, because I think when it's a no-doubter as to what year/date a stub is from, that adds to the value.

As a point of reference, I paid just more than $200 for a small ticket stub from Bob Feller's opening-day no-hitter in 1941. Attendance at that game was about 32,000, and I think that game ranks close to Haddix's in terms of historical significance. The Feller stub, however, is badly creased and has some paper loss on the back.

Good luck! If you get it, please post a scan.

Rob