View Single Post
Old 05-22-2015, 12:54 PM
S Gross

They have done a lot of improvements to Grayson Stadium in the last 10 years. When I first came down here in 2000, it was crab grass, dirt and chain link fences. New parking, scoreboard, fences, bull pens, and a great new deck. Concessions and restrooms are big enough for attendance. With it's history, I think it's a great park.

The main thing the Mets are complaining about are the dressing rooms and dug outs, which are lacking.

The Gnats owner's played it perfectly. Knowing Columbia would build a new stadium, and tried to get Savannah to build one. There are many things I do not know. However, one thing is 100% certain, the Savannah city government will NEVER build a new stadium. Won't get into politics down here, but that isn't going to happen.

The SAL had it's Fall meeting in Savannah maybe three years ago. I knew a few of the GMs and had a "few" beers with them. They, at that time, were all in agreement about Savannah: the SAL will always have a team here. Things may have changed recently, but a I doubt it.