Thread: Bryce Harper
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 07:22 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
Regarding this 'new' world of baseball, there are two specific things that bother the living sh_t of me:

1. The second a pitched ball touches the dirt, it is immediately thrown out of the game by the umpire. This is baseball. It's played in the frickin' dirt, yet they insist that each ball has to be absolutely perfect with nary a blemish on it so the batter isn't at a disadvantage??!! Next thing you know, each player will receive a therapeutic massage, apricot scrub and tea service in the on-deck circle. Come on MLB!!!!!!!!!

2. Pitchers who come into the game with their hat brims perfectly flat and straightened with no curve to them whatsoever. Some of these d-bags even shift the hat a little so it's not properly aligned on their head, having the brim off to the side. I don't care if I'm rooting for their team, the moment one of these guys appears on the mound I hope they get lit up and sent to the showers!!!!!!!!!
Haha, love it. I cannot stand the flat brimmed hat either. It was lame in the early '90's (wannabe suburban hoods wearing Starter hats with the tags still on), and it's lame today.

Another uniform style that I cannot stand, pants that are too long, showing no sock/stirrup. As a SF man, I feel I should take some responsibility for this because Bonds was one of the early ones to do it, and think he may have been the first who had that stupid little loop at the pant bottom that could flip around the spikes at his heal, and keep his pant bottoms down.

Last edited by itjclarke; 03-12-2016 at 07:23 PM. Reason: Spelling