View Single Post
Old 05-17-2015, 03:00 PM
E®© Eńlø

Location: Home of the 11-Time World Champion St. Louis Cardinals
Default Recent purchase

I recently purchased three T205 cards from battlefield also and was a little surprised by the photos in the eBay listings compared to what I received. Am I not right in asking for a refund? Will let everyone know what happens.

Here is one of them, the Konetchy –
Pic one is the ebay photoshopped pic and the other two are the scans of the cards I received.

http://t205photos.webs.com/

Here is how the listing read:
Up for auction is a 1911 T205 Gold Border Ed Konetchy #105 vintage baseball card. This card has a Piedmont Back. This card is in nice condition for its age! It is 100% authentic and unaltered! This card has light to moderate corner wear, great centering, beautiful color, good eye appeal, a light crease, and a spot of paper loss on the back. There are no pinholes, markings, or any damage of that kind. T205 Gold Border cards are very difficult to find in good condition and we are breaking up a beautiful COMPLETE SET this week! You won't find another seller starting this card in this condition at $0.99 with no reserve! This card would be a great addition to any vintage collection. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

Here's the message I sent:
Dear battlefield0516,
I purchased three T206 cards from you that look nothing like the pictures you have for the item. I will attach a copy of a scan of the Konetchy card I received so you can see for yourself. Besides a few chipped edges on the cards, all of the imperfections on the cards I received have been removed from the images you posted. I don't mean to be rude, but that is called bait and switch and is illegal. I am going to want a refund on all three of the misrepresented cards.
Thank you - bbcardzman

Last edited by bbcardzman; 05-18-2015 at 04:58 PM.