View Single Post
Old 05-21-2017, 01:33 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klrdds View Post
As a part-time art collector with a Picasso and a Chagall and Dalis and a Leroy Neiman among others in my collection I have found that art and its high prices need several things to occur to bring high prices .
It needs international appeal , great promotion by art galleries and dealers, and have subjects or themes that people can relate to and primarily 2or 3 people who are willing to go to extreme lengths in bidding to own a particular piece .
Also the number of works available on the market as well as the total number of works produced by the artist dramatically affect prices.
Kreindler's art is beautiful and has fabulous presentation value but its singular theme has a very limited audience ...American sports and sports personalities, primarily baseball, in general . The majority of the world , especially those international buyers with deep pockets , can't relate to his work .
Leroy Neiman is the greatest exception to this rule in terms of his sports themed works but he was also able to crossover into other subject matter.
For example his Polo Lounge , Baden-Baden , and his famous Elephants . Also he later incorporated international sports such as golf and auto racing. But even his prices pale in relation to some of the prices achieved by other artists. Also there is a wide price difference between his sports and non-sports themed works , and between his American sports themed and international sports themed works.
Kreindler is exceptionally talented and I hope to add an original of his to my sports collection someday but I will not expect to become wealthy from it .
Id love to see your chagall painting