View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 10:31 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Same card....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniehatesjazz View Post
I just picked up a Wallace T205 1-line for $350 today (SGC 30/2). Last month I picked up a WaJo T202 for $340 (SGC 70/5.5). It seems to me that either of these cards should sell in the $700-$900 range. The odd thing is that they are from dealers who know they're doing. They weren't accidents or anything like that. I know one of the dealers is among the biggest on eBay and usually has pretty good pricing but nothing spectacular. The other priced almost everything just under VCP (less than 5% usually). So what am I missing here? I hate to keep buying cards that I think are bargains if they actually aren't. I suspect at worst these cards are at fair value but they aren't what I normally collect. I just continue to pull the trigger because they look too good to pass up. I can post the listings if that would help.
Tyler,
The same Wallace you got for $350 went for $229 just last year. Same card, same holder, same serial number so not sure why you think it should be worth a lot more? Not a lot of "comps" lately so really not that much data to go on but the guy who sold it to you made a modest profit.

Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 02-12-2017 at 10:32 PM.