View Single Post
Old 03-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1216 View Post
My favorite! No tassels, but great team colors!

the same brownie the ST. LOUIS Browns used!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsage View Post
Joe DiMaggio as a left handed batter..............
Obtained this pennant from a relative of Vic Raschi - Yankees pitcher with DiMaggio. Had been in a drawer for many years which explains it's mint condition.
Jerry Sage
Looks like you may have some stuff to show off in THIS thread:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=166056

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
I don't believe the Fidrych pennant was made by wincraft or related in any way to these earlier pennants. I wouldn't get stuck on the full size difference with this pennant versus the others. Did you ever post a photo of the back of your Mays pennant? Every one from these groups is clearly labeled with manufacturer, etc.

All of the smaller ones are very rare and if this was made by Wincraft or a subsidiary, it wouldn't surprise me if they also made a larger one. Wincraft did make larger team photo pennants. The biggest problem is that a lot of these are almost one of a kind with little to compare with.

Btw, the Mays pennant is awesome in any condition.
My full size has nothing on the back . Also....yes, I've seen the full size team photo pennants but on those, the cut-out is oriented horizontally not vertically like my Mays.

I was just super excited to get this. My buddy and Giants collecting nemesis has two pennants that I have never ever seen another of. I finally got one he'll probably never find!

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post

Also... I never realized that Jay Leno had a mohawk, and played for Milwaukee in his younger years.
throw him some "chin" music!