View Single Post
Old 03-13-2017, 11:44 AM
D@V!D

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2drich2000 View Post
Now that the bidding is over, I will admit to being the person who put in all those bids on the Siegle. I was not the consigner of this card, but wanted if for my personal collection. I have also never retracted a bid. For those that do not know me, I'm a bit obsessed with the e92 set (5 red crofts, 40 different nadja, a few blues, 2 menageries, a prizefighter, a blank back, etc). So figured this card would fit nicely into my collection. As for the other cards I was bidding on, the e93 Cobb is the last card I need for my set. The 3rd card ends tonight so I don't want to divulge it until after it ends, but would be happy to do so at that point.

So why did I bid like this? Quite frankly, to make people hesitant to bid given PWCC reputation for shill bidding. Had this been any other seller, I likely would have just put in a snipe and waited for the outcome. Does bidding like this work? Hard to say for sure, as it only takes one other person putting in a snipe to be outbid. I had a price in mind that I was willing to pay up to and set my final snipe to that amount. In this case, whoever won the card obviously still wanted it just a little more than me. However, as a few people such as Dan have mentioned, it put them off from the auction, so it did have at least some influence on some potential bidders.

DJ
"Mic drop"