View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 07:23 AM

Bobby, last night I lost out ona PWCC auction for a T206 Mathewson White Cap PSA 7. This was the same exact card that sold on Ebay by Greg Morris Auctions, a few weeks prior, for a tad under $8,000. I was the underbidder at $12,135!! The auction closed at $12,236. So, here PWCC gets over $4000 more for the same exact card as another (fairly large) Ebay seller got just a few weeks prior.

And, I had a very nice PSA 6 in the same card that I bought for $3,200 and recently traded as part of a larger trade. I doubt I could have gotten $3,200 out of the card if I listed it on ebay. It is a real pretty 6, but the premium from a 6 to a 7 (both equal to grade) is HUGE given the player and scarcity of the card. And, no doubt if I had listed the PSA 6 in an ebay auction, I would have gotten far less than if PWCC listed it; partly because I have no ebay presence (a mere 50 feedback) and PWCC does, and partly because, well, there just seems to be some odd stuff that sometimes occurs in those ebay auctions.....