View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 03:47 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
What years did Mitchell & Ness make pennants?
I had my account before they got popular and you could still have athletes sign jerseys for the same price as any other item. I would say late 80’s to early 90’s forward. They were advertised in their catalog. I will have to look to see if I still have a catalog somewhere.

In regards to make up, some were different than vintage. Some were identical. I’m not going to argue about this, but I’ve been buying and selling vintage pennants and memorabilia since the 80’s. I’ve mistakingly bought them on eBay back in the day and sent back for return. They obviously aren’t made of the original pressed felt, rather a very soft more modern woven felt like material. They were very well produced just like their jerseys. They made high quality products. I’ve only seen baseball and no other sports. They specifically had the 1955 Dodgers scroll with the pink bum, but it was a brighter blue. That was probably the most popular back then because you couldn’t find nice Brooklyn pennants and the Brooklyn Dodgers were very collectible in those days. I still see these pennants offered for sale as original as well as listed in auctions.