View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Benj.amin Mc.Ginn

Update 11:31 AM

Small Traditions wrote me back via eBay

"Thanks for writing. We authenticated the cards with PSA/DNA on behalf of our winning bidder. The inscriptions were written on thin plastic on top of the cards in the display, which you can plainly see in the original listing, and which had originally appeared to me as the glossy coating on top of the cards themselves. We have listed this card on eBay with an astronomical BIN price in order to promote it, as we always do. I fully understand the conflict this might present to some bidders like yourself, but I have no problem doing this on behalf of our winning bidder, and I will present the facts when the card goes up for auction exactly as they unfolded, and people can judge for themselves. The only issue here is that the cards did not grade any higher, as they both appear at least NM or better, but PSA knows very well the magnitude of the cards, and I can assure you they were scrutinized as closely as a pack-fresh 1952 Topps Mickey Mantle would have been. Thanks again for writing, and feel free to call or write again with any further questions, Dave at STs"

Had Small Traditions stated that the autograph was on a "THIN PLASTIC", I would have went higher. But lets just be honest, Its not written on a thin plastic. Its on the card. What a shame. Even advertised sketchy. And the person who bought them was "in" on it too.