View Single Post
Old 01-04-2019, 06:03 AM
“the bambino”

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvster View Post
your dad is smiling still keep that card in the family....if I ever get a grading company one day, your card will be #1 on my list

ALMOST LIKE A JUSTICE FOR CARDS!
Thanks brother. That means more than you know. This discussion got me thinking, and I wonder if the TPG’s look at your submission history before grading your new submission. I can envision a situation where this smoking hot, potentially $50k card arrives. They say “wow! This is too good to be true”. So they pull my account history up and see that I’ve submitted nothing but $500 to $1000 cards over the last decade. But now he has this five-figure gem? Yeah right dude. You either hit the lotto or trimmed a mid-grade card. Too good to be true considering the low POP on high-grade ‘53 Mantles, so no need to go through the motions with this one.... TRIMMED!!

What sucks too is I was so convinced it’s legit that I put a declared a value of $24k on the sub form. Wanted to do the right thing and pay what is right to get it slabbed. If I had even the slightest fear that it was trimmed I would have declared a value of $500 and paid a minimal grading fee. So not only did it come back without a numerical grade, I paid $900 to have it deemed worthless!!!