View Single Post
Old 05-10-2009, 05:41 PM
Jon Canfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJR View Post
Patrick purchased a T206 era (almost certainly no card) MINT still sealed in rice paper Piedmont pack from me back in June of 2003. After the purchase, he emailed stating no card was inside and wanted a refund. Before I sold it him, I stated via email the price is based on no card inside. He made me write 7 day return in the Paypal money request notes. When it arrived, Patrick (stated his friend / cousin Fred) sent an email by accident in jest, claiming no card was inside, demanding a refund. It was all very strange and really upset me at the time. I told him NO and then he stated a friend / cousin 'Fred' accidentally sent the email when Patrick simply asked him to send an email confirm it arrived and was playing a trick on me. Needless to say, I kept the emails (with full headers). I was expecting a chargeback or who knows. My experience! This was the contact data:

ebay@patrick-chan.com
Patrick Chan
4000 Bayside Drive
Apt. #202
Palatine, IL 60074
I'm curious - was this a 10-count or a 12-count Piedmont pack? This is exactly why I still feel that 12 count packs with cards being pulled from them are creations. Rob did a great job in 2008 describing the possibilities as to how a card can be pulled from a 12 count. The thing that is clear, however, is that 12-counts weren't available until 1917.