View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 12:56 PM
M@rk Comer

Default Hof

My idea would be that I, and I alone, would decide who should be and will be enshrined in the Hall. You guys can have it from there once I’m outa here (Disguarded my body if you’re a Sientologist). There would be a few less in the Hall right now if I did the pickin’ (not that they weren’t “very good”).

I’m not crazy about the first idea from the OP. As many have commented it wouldn’t be good to be booted once in (unless I was doing the reduction). I wouldn’t be altogether opposed to the Tier concept though. My problem is that we now have these advanced metrics that now tell us how good, or important, a player used to be. Like a human can’t tell who was a more valuable player on a specific team. Not that stats aren’t important, but they are not the be all end all when it comes to players. Love how some players keep getting better, or some worse, over the years. I even learned, from this very thread, that Walter Johnson “would most likely get crushed in today’s game”. Learn new stuff all the time...