View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Default If this were the stockmarket..............

Posted By: joe brennan

I have read about all this over and over and over again. I have refused to respond because actually I didn't have anything to say till now.
I lurked for about 3 months last year before I joined and started collecting T206's Low grade, mid grade, what I could afford and what I liked.
I found this board to be informative, interesting and enjoyed members posting pictures of cards I will never own but loved the history and the images.
Frankly in the last few months I find the board to be boring, self serving, pompous and frankly more than childish of late. How else can you explain the NY Dinner thread, but childish or idiotic may be more appropriate.
Now, in the last week we have had 15 threads about events that everyone in this hobby confessed to knowing about. None of this is news to anyone and quite frankly is the same **** over and over again with a slight twist.
You can say, I don't have to read it and you are quite right. I don't have to be here and you are right again. What I'll ask is what happen to discussing cards, the history of the card and the pics and congrads of new cards. I think the latest discussion out numbers those threads 4 to one.
The pissing matches and pompous attitudes get old and boring fast. I know no one gives a **** if I stay or go, but I would like to go back to a time when the fun threads outway the witch hunts, name callings and libel suits are 1 to 15 ratio again.
Only one more thing, Jim Crandall when you get something in your head, you become obsessive to an extreem that I have rarely seen before.

People said it was a million dollar wound. But the government must keep that money, cause I ain't never seen a penny of it.