View Single Post
Old 02-19-2016, 10:23 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Hi Frank it's been seven weeks since I last posted. I've added the three cards needed to reach my goal of 518! A little about my set:
I display my cards in 20 pocket sheets in a binder. I had to "crack" out 73 cards broken down like this: SGC: ("A" 14 diff) ("10" 23 diff) ("20" 11 diff) ("30" 3 diff) ("35" "40" "55" 1 each) PSA: ("A" 4 diff) ("1" 8 diff) ("1.5" 3 diff) ("2" 3 diff) ("3" 1)
I want to upgrade 40 cards (including 9 HOF) so that should keep me busy for awhile
#516 was Bill Dahlen (Brooklyn). I was in California a couple weeks ago when I got a text from one of my fellow OBC members who told me this card had just gone up on eBay. Price was $205 OBO and I didn't even bother to offer I just bought it. Cracked out of a PSA 1 slab.

#517 Cy Young (bare hand shows). I saw this card on eBay (I thought I recognized the seller ID as Net54 member Luke L) and it was just about in my price range. A couple days later, Luke posted it here in BST section with a $50 discount (I think) from the eBay price. I bought it 10 minutes after Luke posted it!

#518 Shag Shaughnessy. Cracked out of a PSA "2" holder this was a part of board member Steve W. collection that was sold on EBay through "Invest In Baseball".