View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 05:13 AM
Rich Klein

Default Having now spent

Several minutes of my life that I will not be able to get back reading this thread, I reluctantly agree with Leon that the banishment was probably warranted although in a "watercooler" situation, this post was borderline.

Note -- I was later informed that this began on the main boards ----- but I'll repeat because of who the post was about the issue is borderline. However, with Bruce, one of the issues is almost everything he does is borderline so sure enough, one more can be the straw that breaks the camel back

Bruce liked to post interesting topics and then "walk away", which is his right. The biggest problem with Bruce's posts is that some of thre responses or emails (I still have one of his classics to me on file as well)became "personal attacks" -- or posts wishing ill on others. In Mr. O's case, you can defend these posts as comments about a celebrity and you would probably win in court although I'm not a lawyer I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express.

However, the body of work regarding Bruce's posts, e-mails and other issues is probably what drove everyone over the edge.

So, regretfully, whilst we will miss his interesting takes on the higher end of the hobby, he needs to walk away and join a group of similarly Ivy-educated high-brow collectors to let us regular folks chat about these musty old cards

Regards
Rich

Last edited by Rich Klein; 11-21-2010 at 06:09 AM.