View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 11:42 PM
Administrator

Default The USPS is really bad lately

Posted By: David McDonald

"You can complain about the USPS all you want, but their track record is so much better than UPS and Fedex that it isn't even funny."
Couldn't agree more. I won a very big ticket item (for me, anyway) from MastroNet this summer (an auto'd '34 Goudey Gehrig). They sent it via UPS in a box that said "Signature Required." It was left sitting on my front doorstep! I thought that was humbug and I let MastroNet know what they are paying for. Their shipping guy was majorly pissed off to hear my account but he said that sort of thing happens all the time with the courier services. On the other hand the USPS has batted a thousand with me. Never had a thing lost and stuff gets here in reasonable time even though I live in Hawaii. On a related note, these eBay sellers with lots of negative feedback that always claim the item was lost in the mail and the buyer should have bought insurance I believe are lying scum.

(Apologies to the Net54 Grammar Police. Don't attempt to parse that last sentence. You might hurt yourself).