View Single Post
Old 04-20-2022, 08:59 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutbum97 View Post
1934 Goudey #37 Lou Gehrig / "PSA 8".

A truly breath-taking card.

If you were the consigner, how pleased would you be when you read the description of the card written by the auction house - plus they stuffed the card allllll the way down at Lot #1533:

https://goldin.co/item/1934-goudey-3...a-nm-mt-825qjt

Description
Presented is one of more than 4,000 items in our 2022 Jackie Robinson 75th Anniversary Auction, closing between April 30 and May 2, 2022.
I was curious, so I clicked on the link. As mentioned, they have changed the description (maybe it was a placeholder?). But could they also have changed the lot # in the middle of an auction? It is Lot #75 (right between two Ruth cards) not Lot #1533 . It also has the most bids of any lot in the auction (I clicked on the left arrow but nothing happened, so I assume this is the lot with the most bids). I would not be livid if this was my consignment (at least not as the lot is currently situated and described).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg goldin auction.JPG (82.6 KB, 105 views)
My avatar is a drawing of a 1958 Topps Hank Aaron by my daughter. If you are interested in one in a similar style based on the card of your choice, details can be found by searching threads with the title phrase Custom Baseball Card Artwork or by PMing me.

Last edited by molenick; 04-20-2022 at 09:02 PM.