View Single Post
Old 12-03-2002, 02:18 PM
Administrator

Default DAN MATHEWSON Edited the 54 Topps EMAIL RESPONSE Before Posting it

Posted By: anon 

DAN YOU EDITED THE EMAIL BEFORE YOU POSTED IT ON THE BOARD. WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? HERE IS THE PART THAT DAN EDITED OUT BEFORE HE POSTED IT. HERE IS THE PART HE EDITED TO TRY AND SAVE FACE......GOOD LUCK....

We do however have plenty of Christy Matthewson vintage items for sale, and personally I think he is a really good seller, they go for very cheap too. I guess he wasn’t as famous as other players in that time or his cards aren’t worth as much or whatever (we don’t know too much about vintage baseball statistics) but, we can see why you are a fan because you have the Same last name, that must be something to take pride in. Just think, you could be related to him then based solely on that, it would gain some respect about your opinion (about what subject I don’t know, but it might impress someone on one of those message boards) I know it’s a good chance you are not related because a lot of people have Mathewson as a last name and could claim blood relation but, I would check into that if I were you. Trace the family history back in hopes to live vicariously through an ancestor. Or maybe appear at some card conventions so people can get your autograph.

Thank you for your concern, it must have been very important to you to email us on THANKSGIVING DAY, taking time away from your family and friends to email us about this matter. So I felt it was appropriate to give a clear, concise response, that’s why this email is so long. It turkey time and at least I can print your email out, read it and some of our associates can have a giant laugh over a thanksgiving supper. 83 degrees and sunny here in Hawaii. Life just couldn’t be better.