View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 11:03 PM
Marc

Just wanted to put in a good word for Mac. I have done several relatively high dollar multi-card trades with him and have always found him to be very reasonable on values, easy to deal with, and willing to put some high quality cards on the table.

I am a very frequent trader myself...in fact I prefer it to selling. In my experience, there are basically three categories I put a trader in.

The first is a person who seems to genuinely want to make a fair deal whether it's a $20 card or a $2000 lot and is willing to value items reasonably and pull the trigger on a deal.

The second is a person who seems to want to haggle values down to the penny and conditions of commons down to the micro-grade. These are the ones that leave me often feeling like I've gotten the worse end of the deal. If it's a card I really want, I don't mind as much as I'm usually willing to trade at a bit of a premium for something I like a bunch...but the negotiation process can be grueling.

The third is a person who either has no clue about the value of baseball cards or else thinks I have no clue about the value. These are people who make offers so completely ridiculous, it is difficult to even come up with an appropriate reply.

Overall, I would say that I'm very happy with almost all of the trades I've made on the B/S/T and it's easy to say "no thanks" to the ones that don't work for me.

Last edited by marcdelpercio; 07-25-2011 at 11:05 PM.