View Single Post
Old 12-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Default PSA damages cards? Anything can be done? A O/T NON-bashing thread

Posted By: Jon Canfield

Just a question for the board in general - and not meant to be a PSA bashing thread! Recently I sent a 30+ cards to PSA to grade. All were were in very nice condition and I was expecting the typical... cards that look like a 10 to grade a 9, cards that looked like 9's to grade 8's - and so on. However, I believe PSA damages a few of the cards; 3 especially - and I was hoping the board could give aqdvice and if you have had the same problem. One card in particular is very troublesome. At Ft. Washington, I had GAI pre-grade the card, and it received a 9. I thought the card still had an outside chance at a 10. Since it was going to be for resale, I sent it to PSA. That card came back a 5! How can GAI pregrade a 9 and PSA grade a 5? Something had to be damaged. I also had 2 other cards for sure that came back 5's that should have been 8's at the very least. Now, do I have any recourse? How can I prove who damages what? I followed all PSA instruction on submissions... I packaged between cardboard with rubberbands, wrapped in boubble wrap, etc. I did insure with the USPS but again, how do I prove who damaged what? I'm not going to lose any sleep over some ruined cards, but I will take a small financial hit so I was hoping you all may have some advice.

Leon, if you feel this is too OT, please feel free to delete.