View Single Post
Old 07-04-2017, 10:47 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Serious question, but do buyers really even search by era? I know I don't. I search for key words.
Yes and no.

Yes.

As I am working on numerous sets, searching all baseball card auction items ending in a day is quicker than running independent specific searches for 50 Bowman, 52 Topps, 63 Topps, etc.

For auctions ending in a given day, I used to search by era. However, when searching by era, I missed out on many items that did not have the era assigned to the listing.

I prefer to buy lots or part sets to build sets versus buying singles.
I now search all of the baseball auctions ending soonest with one of two key words: "set" or "lot"(in additional to a min price). This means that my search might yield a 5000 ct lot of 84 Topps next to a 33 Goudey lot....but I am no longer missing a lot/near set of something I could use due to it not being listed under the era I was searching. On a normal day, it is only about 100 listings, however on some Sunday's there may be 300-400 listings to go through.

No.

If I have a specific card I am seeking to help finish out a set (one not likely to be in a part set/lot), my search is specific and the listing's era is unnecessary.