View Single Post
Old 12-26-2004, 10:08 PM
Administrator

Default Here are a couple of PSA Authentic trimmed cards

Posted By: steve k

<<< Paper just does not dissapear .How many times would you have to throw a card against the wall for the paper to dissapear, this was supposedly a game played back when these cards came about. >>>

You are totally incorrect about this. Paper does "disappear" on cards. Anyone who has ever played poker, etc., with playing cards notices the way cards wear through constant handling. Basically in the early 1960's all my friends and I ever did all summer was play baseball and "flip" baseball cards. We only had a very finite amount of money to buy cards so once the money was spent buying a limited number of cards, basically the same cards circulated amongst us throughout the summer depending on who was hot or cold at flipping them. Certain cards you remembered such as star cards which you wouldn't flip unless they were the last cards in your pile. When you lost them, you looked forward to trying to win them back and recognized them. I remember how these cards used to wear throughout the weeks as the paper rounded and "disappeared" especially of course on the corners. I still have all my cards from the early 1960's which of course are all untrimmed with natural wear. There is a wide variety of wear patterns on the cards.