Jim Thorpe ......................................... 2 48/64 x 1 42/64
Joe Wood .......................................... 2 48/64 x 1 39/64
Fred Maisel ........................................ 2 48/64 x 1 42/64
Nap Rucker ........................................ 2 48/64 x 1 47/64
Joe Doyle .......................................... 2 49/64 x 1 42/64
* Mathewson ..................................... 2 48/64 x 1 44/64
* Phili Team composite ........................ 2 49/64 x 1 42/64

QUOTE]

I got the 4 card lot from Leon and also won 2 other cards from Lew. I already had a Jackson, Rucker and Phily team card. I sat down and compared them, although not to the extent that Leon did. This is what I came up with.

I used the Maisel as the standard and this is what I found.

Maisel and Doyle almost exact in size even though the bottom of the Doyle card looks cut off.

Wood matched top to bottom, but short Left to right

Rucker matches top to bottom, but much wider left to right.

Both my Ruckers have a print dot and are cut very close at the top. The both match size wise.

Athletics team matches top to bottom but is wide left to right, however the width matches the Rucker cards

Marquard is a bit wider both left to right and top to bottom but was very close top to bottom (tough to tell as it is in a SGC holder)

Maranville is a lot longer top to bottom but matches left to right.

Based on both Ruckers matching and many of the other cards being the exact same size, there just is no way these could be strip cards in my opinion. There are just way to many cards that are uniform and share characteristics. Plus seeing as both Ruckers are near identical in cut is pretty much enough proof for me.

I would love to hear what anyone's basis for these being strip is other then that is what they were cataloged as....

James G