View Single Post
Old 04-24-2017, 09:01 AM
Br3tt K0llin

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjudge View Post
A few observations by someone who does not take part in these. I think people running these should be required to disclose their margin on the set. What looks like a good deal is probably anything but. Second, if you want to give to charity do it yourself. The guy running a break, or an eBay sale...., makes it seem like altruism on their part--it's just a way to get you to spend.

This is the first one I've been in, but I've followed a couple of others.

Just out of curiosity, why should I care what his margin is? I'm going into this with the assumption- and even hope- that he's making a profit providing this service, or I'm guessing these breaks wouldn't continue. The cards available are fully disclosed, as is the price per slot. I can use the provided info to judge whether I find value in participating or not.

As far as the charity thing goes, that's actually a turn off for me- I donate to charities (one of which is coincidentally one of the choices he had), but I prefer to keep business and charitable contributions separate. Don't get me started on the stores that constantly ask/pressure you to donate at the register. Give me a $5 break on the price and I'll decide what to do with the savings on my own.