View Single Post
Old 03-18-2018, 02:55 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
I am just wondering whether any one would do the following.

You just won a card graded PSA 2 on eBay for $11. You received the card and you are now the proud owner of this card.

Ten days later you come across the same card which is graded PSA 4. Not only that, its the same price that you paid for the PSA 2. Now, you buy this PSA 4 for $11.

Since the seller of the PSA 2 card has a 30 day return policy, you decide to return the first card 10 days after you won it.

You didn't break any eBay rules but would you do this?

I would definitely not do this. Once I win an item, that's it. The only reason that I would return a card, is if it's not the same card as described in the listing.

The above scenario just happened to me. In 14 years of selling, I have never had someone tell me that they are returning a card because they got a better deal elsewhere.

This is why I hate eBay's 30 day return policy.
If ebay and the buyer follow the policies of the 30 returns, the buyer (not the seller) is responsible for paying for the return s/h, as well as the seller is not obligated to refund the original s/h that was paid. Just the price of the item is refunded.....so the buyer is rightfully saddled with a cost also.