View Single Post
Old 03-27-2002, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Default what's so special about this card-part 2 (non-vintage)

Posted By: nolemmings (Todd)

About a week ago I posted about a '53 common Jim Delsing that was sold on E-BAy for more than $1100, and I saw a lot of useful info about how difficult this card was. Well now I have a similar question about a 1961 Bob Allison, PSA 8, that is going to sell for at least $360.00, as can be seen at: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1814325733&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1017162785&indexURL=0&rd=1
Now I do collect this set, and have at least 3 of this card. Mine are ungraded and might not get 8s, but the wear is general, i.e. there are not centering problems or print defects. In short, I do not believe it is a condition sensitive card. It is not a high number nor a short print. What's the fuss?
Maybe this a pop report situation. if so, isn't this the same ego argument that applies to the set registry issue; in fact, maybe this is a show-down between collectors working on their registered sets. Someone feels they must have the best (assuming the pop report even bears this out) example of a card that really has no superior value to several hundred others in the same set. Anyway, would appreciate info from those in the know about this set-- maybe there's some scarcity of which I am unaware.
Regards.............Todd