Thread: Advertisers
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2016, 07:12 PM
Steve Birmingham

Default Advertisers

I know we need advertisers to provide some revenue to keep the site as good as it is, and that some of them get Emails. I'm ok with that.

I just wish they'd target their ads a bit better and come off as a bit less desperate.
Like I don't need a daily ad for box/case breaks that I haven't ever participated in and probably won't since it doesn't really interest me.

Or that one autograph place that sends at least one sometimes two emails a day promoting stuff I have no interest in at all. Really, two emails a day doesn't make me thing "gee they're selling some great stuff even if it's expensive" Rather it makes me thing "darn, they must be desperate to unload these recently signed things" Since I don't collect the stuff they sell it's pointless.

Or the expensive auction house that sends even more. As many as three a day. Sure, if I've bought from you,(I haven't) maybe a few here and there. But I can't really afford most of the stuff they sell, and at their price levels I can't branch out into Asian art, biblical archaeology, coins, etc. Not that that stuff isn't cool but I don't have the budget of even a small third world country, which is what I'd need to get into all that stuff.

There's a few places that are much more relaxed. Thanks to them for being cool and not a needy nuisance.

Steve B