View Single Post
Old 03-19-2013, 05:31 AM
Steve Woe.lfel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Scot Reader in his book "Inside T206" estimates that approx. 1.6 Million T206's are presently in circulation. If this is so (and, I think it is a fair guesstimate) then, we could
reasonably extrapolate that American Lithographic (ALC) printed and issued at least 10 - 20 Million T206's.

To produce this volume of cards in just 2 years, ALC must of printed T206's in sheets of 100+ cards. To think of card sheets comprised of anything less than 100+ cards is
absolutely impractical (and, I've been guilty of this with my suggestion of 36-card sheets). Other's here have suggested 34-card sheets, which are even more preposterous.

Now, two independent sources have informed us that the printer's standard size cardboard sheet was 18" x 24" (circa 1908-1911 era). Furthermore, research has indicated
the track width of lithographic printing presses of that era were designed to accomodate these standard size sheets. Presented here are the Exclusive 12 subjects filling out
an entire 18" x 24" standard sheet comprising of 108 cards.

TED Z

Hi Ted,

Is this how you suppose that they sheet would be laid out? If so, doesn't this seem to contradict the fact that we see many more same name top bottom miscuts than those with two different names on top & bottom? It seems to make more sense that each player was laid out vertically in rows of 3. Perhaps with 5 subjects vertically per sheet, which would make for a length of 15 cards (perhaps by 10 cards width-wise for sheets of 150)? I haven't even scratched the surface in terms of the amount of research that you have done, just throwing out an idea...

Thanks,

Steve
T206 SLers: 11/48
T206 Back Run: 28/39

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.