View Single Post
Old 11-07-2019, 08:20 AM
Dave

Default Ebay seller returned cracked out slab

I sold a GIA slabbed card and buyer cracked it out to try to get a better grade.

He then asked to return claiming it wasn't authentic, but PSA said it was altered and never said it wasn't authentic.

I accidentally hit accepting return but didn't know at the time the card was cracked out.

The buyer said before it was sent to me on ebay it was no longer in the slab and Ebay said I still had to accept the return.

They even have a policy under conditions of returned item policy for Art and Collectibles. "item must not be removed from sealed packaging" but still made me accept the return.

Can you tell me what they recommend I can do since the card sold for over $5,000?

i have also been in close contact with Ebay high value department who said I had to accept the return even when card is crack out and advised it may not be the same card as sold since it no longer was in the slab which wasn't even returned to me.

Ebay claims after many many phone calls that GAI is not approved grading company and the buyer has the right to regrade but it didn't say that on "items must not be removed from a sealed package" policy listed under Art and Collectibles.

Has anyone had to accept a return after selling a slab card and buyer cracked it out?

Thank you for your comments