View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 03:32 PM

Default c mack

this particular card ....we had the "before" and "after" pictures.....plus had the restoration report.....

btw....the restoration report may not be accurate??? who is to say???maybe the original conservator forgot to document something else that was done????

btw...I will go out on a limb and say both SGC and PSA are absolutely CLUELESS sometimes...they change their minds and policies on grading cards....at one time they were grading errors , no names, color variations( sgc at least).....then they became "skittish"

PSA are also clueless.....I doubt they would be able to tell all of the restoration that is / or will be performed and the cards in the future....

will all of these "future" restored cards have a "restoration report"???

I doubt it

PSA and SGC will not care, they get big bucks to slap these big cards in a piece of plastic and print "restored" on the flip.......then they get prob $3,000 to grade a card like the frankenwagner....

did psa produce a "restoration report" on this card?????

NO

they got paid either way....and covered their asses by labeling "restored"....

you think they would include their own findings???? like research the card and actually verify what the conservator did??? and produce their own report on the card....that would be too much work and cost too much like the litho background was it reproduced by the "fill in ink???" I highly doubt it...

this is a shitshow!

hell, if I owned a grading company, I would at the very least scan every card that was graded and keep at least a data base....

I'm going to go out on a limb and say/assume that PSA probably didn't even keep a high res scan of the card before it was graded....

card restoration opens up too many "what ifs" and grey area........simply stated this will increase fraud prob 10 fold....

JOHN VANDERBECK