View Single Post
Old 09-06-2019, 09:00 PM
Tim Odeen

Default Be careful of price reduction

I would say that you need to be cautious of price reduction if you are looking for investment purposes. I can remember Pujols and Ichiro rookies fetching outrageous prices. Then, when they got older and slowed down their production, their rookie card prices fell as well. Both are sure bet hall of famers. If I was trying to catch up my rookie card stash (I don't collect rookie cards), I would start in 2000 and work to present....rather than starting present and working backwards. I think you will find your retirement income will carry you farther.

As for the RC logo versus "Prospect Cards," I can remember when that change occurred. I believe it was MLB instituted to help rein in the card industry and the crazy variations and sets that were being created. People wanted a clarification of what was and what wasn't a RC, and this was the simplest way to make that designation. Joey Votto case in point.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo