View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 11:38 AM

I collect fine 1/43 scale model racing sports cars that took part in events located in various parts of the world dating from the late 30s thru 2011, a few Grand Prix cars, and a few record cars. This has been a deeply passionate pursuit begun several years before I started collecting baseball cards. At 4, I was introduced to the British-made Dinky Toys at a Carson, Pirie, Scott, & Company department toy store "bleacher" display stand of them---love at first sight. The Dinky Toy company is long-gone, but the quality is now miles ahead, being replaced by such firms as SPARK, BIZARRE, Art Models, BANG, IXO, Best, Solido, Neo, Matrix, LookSmart, MPH Models, Minerva Ferrari, CMC, Minichamps, FANGIO Museum Collection in Argentina, Fabbri Ferrari, and the only US producer, Replicarz.

Another hobby I dabble in is collecting very well-made 1/30 or 54 mm scale model soldiers. They're miniature masterpieces in detail and painting.

These interests currently trump old cardboard, since I pretty much accomplished what I wanted to collect.

Interesting topic.

--- Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 08-21-2019 at 10:42 AM.