View Single Post
Old 01-08-2003, 08:48 PM
Administrator

Default Item not matched as on auction house catalog. HELP

Posted By: Scott 

Folks,

I am sure most of you have more experiences dealing with large auction houses than me. I just won my FIRST item from a big auction house in Dec and received the item today. After I opened up the parcel and found out the item that I got doesn't match with the pictures on the catalog. I checked their previous catalog and realized they shipped me the item that was on their previous catalog. I was totally shocked. Because I assumed they sold that item in their last auction, since the final bid of that item was featured on SCD articles. Although, the condition of the item that I received and the item I am supposed to receive are similar (based on the pictures), I was thinking there are something fishy going on. Moreover, in money wise, the final bid was also more than the final bid in their last auction.......which means I actually paid more than what I supposed to pay.

Now, I need advices from you guys/gals. What would u do if you were me and what could I do?? Does this happen very often to auction houses?

Scott