View Single Post
Old 03-08-2005, 03:06 AM
Administrator

Default How reliable is the PSA/DNA "Quick Opinion" service on eBay?

Posted By: Accord32

I have found perhaps the holy grail of autographed baseball memorabilia on eBay, the person selling it made numerous spelling mistakes in both the title of the auction and the description and also listed it in the wrong category so not too many people will see it even if they search for it, so I potentially can get this for very cheap.

I just spent the 7 bucks or however much it costs for the PSA/DNA quick opinion service and no more than 20 minutes later I received an e-mail from PSA/DNA with the result that after inspecting the auction they have found the item to be "Likely Genuine".

I'm prepared to spend big money on this item if I have to, and PSA/DNA considers it to be "Likely Genuine" but I don't want to buy this, send it to PSA/DNA and then have them tell me it's a fake.

So my question is, how reliable is the PSA/DNA Quick Opinion service on eBay? Has anyone ever received a "Likely Genuine" response and then submitted it to PSA/DNA only to find that it was fake and the quick opinion service was wrong?

I think I may call PSA/DNA tomorrow and ask them about this.

Thanks a lot