View Single Post
Old 12-15-2021, 08:20 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBooM View Post
My vintage card (and some autographs) has grown and appreciated over the years. i have started the process in looking into insuring my collection (against theft and natural disaster). Any tips, recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I received a reasonable quote from one insurer (CIS). However, their process seems unduly burdensome. For example, I have many high grade complete sets from the 50s and 60s. I can come up with a reasonable estimate for "replacement value". However, they are asking me to provide "documentation" as to my collection. I probably have over 30,000 cards that have been acquired over 40 years of collecting. While many of the star cards are graded, many are simply in very strong raw form. Again, I am not sure what documentation I can provide to demonstrate that I actually own all of the cards.

Anyone who has been done this path and provide me some input as to reasonable logistics would be greatly appreciated.

thanks
I am with American Collectors, but I'm not particularly happy after needing to file a claim this year. I had to babysit them and walk them through the entire process.

I think what they mean by document is to send pictures of cards over a certain value. American Collectors wanted pictures of cards / sets / groups over $1000. So I only took 15 - 20 pictures of my most valuable items or pairings (like my Tris Speaker collection).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo