View Single Post
Old 01-08-2016, 07:04 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Possible distribution area of the Elite 12 cards

Here are two stories that suggest to us that the PIEDMONT packs that contained the Elite 12 cards were distributed in Georgia.

Seven years ago, I acquired Dahlen and Ewing with PIEDMONT 350 (P 350) backs from ebay. My curiosity prompted me to contact this ebay Seller.
This Seller owned an Antique shop in Atlanta. He was a really friendly guy to talk with, he said that he had acquired 200+ T206's (all PIEDMONT's)
that were from a original collection in that area. I asked him if he had certain cards with P 350 backs. I was quite surprised to hear he had Ganley,
Karger, Lindaman, 2 - Tom Jones, and another Ewing with P 350 backs. So, I purchased all of them.

Since the 1980's, I have acquired several T206 collections from North and South Carolina and never found any of these Elite 12 with P 350 backs.
My best one was an original T206 collection consisting of 400+ (all PIEDMONT's), and there were no Elite 12 with P 350 backs in it.

My 2nd story is from an old friend in the hobby. While vacationing in Georgia this past Summer, he came across an Antique shop that had a stack
of Tobacco cards. Sorting thru them, he pulled out a T206 Karger and a Mullin with P 350 backs.

Hey guys.....I'm curious if anyone on this forum has similar stories regarding these Elite 12 cards to share with us ?

TED Z