View Single Post
Old 02-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Default Mark Rucker Book and Ephemera Collection to be Auctioned

Posted By: mark rucker

Greetings, everyone.
Nice to be with you again. To answer some of your questions, I should first say that my company Transcendental Graphics is NOT closing. We are de-accessioning some materials in order to fund other projects that have been languishing. Among these are the Baseball History Through Photography book, that we have discussed in the recent past.
I chose PBA galleries because of their book expertise, their ability to accept lots with values of less than $1000., and because the timing was right to couple the sale with a golf collection they were scheduling.
We will see if my decision was a good one.
As for the estimates being high or low, I must admit I left the pricing of the books entirely to them. They have the expertise in that field, and research sales histories that I cannot access. I believe that the low estimate per lot is twice the reserve, so all lots should start reasonably. They may have cataloged books that they have no record for, and thus do not know proper values, but I have yet to check that out.

I appreciate your interest. I hope you will see that all the publications and images for sale were selected for their visual qualities and historical importance. Virtually all the pubs contain important images, some of which can be found no where else.