View Single Post
Old 12-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default thanks Prewar....

...yah I'm more pumped about it, but realize it's not the holy grail.

Like u and others have said when/if I put it up for sale it's all up to the buyers, could be anywhere from $1000 to $2500 is my guess.

The Shoeless Joe tie obviously adds a lil more then any other World Series ball from that era (aside from that other one he was in), so that is nice.

But yep, any and all research will be fun and not too costly.

That's odd your ball went on the lower side at REA, I always think REA always getting the top prices, maybe not always the case. I believe a card talked about on the other side of the board went for way more on Ebay then what it sold for at REA, so u never know.

Heritage seems to be the place for game used balls, as they just sold a 1909 WS Ball for $2150, 1913 (signed by Tommy Connolly) for $4182, and then not to long ago 2 1919 WS balls sold in 2006 & 2010 for $2900 & 3600. So they seem to have the Game Used Ball market over REA.

But for the time being mine is priceless, but that'll change with time I'm sure : )

PS - For the record I too do not think either that it is the last out ball, I think it COULD be, but more then likely it's not and it is just a ball from that Series. I'm not naive, I know it's a long shot and most likely could never be proven. I will however be watching Ken Burns first couple innings of his series to see if he has any footage of last outs for the 1st 20 or so years of the World Series. Otherwise yep it'd come down to reading newspapers from each year and seeing if there is any mention, again a long long long shot. But I'll do it over time, for fun.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 12-26-2011 at 01:31 PM.