View Single Post
Old 12-31-2008, 07:40 AM
Administrator

Default OT: Need help identifying a baseball board game

Posted By: Anthony S.

I can't remember the name of that game, but I owned it and loved it. The coolest aspect was that on those occasions when the pitcher tried to throw a sinker (by pulling the lever to open the trapdoor at the plate), but let go of the lever too soon, the ball (it looked like one of those metal balls in Pachinko games) would bounce up slightly off the board such that if you swung at just the right time, you could launch it over the stands and out of the park. You could also throw absolutely wicked slow curves by maneuvering the levers just right as there was a magnet running along under the board on a direct line between the pitchers mound and the hitter.

Edited to add: Richard, I only read the first couple of sentences of your post before composing my response, because I immediately remembered that game and how fond I was of it, and how many friendships it probably compromised due to the intense competitiveness it unleashed in my clique of friends. I just went back and read your entire post and got a kick out of the fact that I'm not the only person who remembers those sinker generated home runs.