View Single Post
Old 06-28-2014, 10:03 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Lance,

If it weren't for my respect for Graig and not wanting to ruin his thread, I would post a picture of John Kruk for you. Plus, there might be children who read the board and I wouldn't want to permanently scar them.
Enjoy that image!
Mark
Ummmm, no thanks Sorry for the sidetrack, Graig. I blame it all on Frank for bringing it up and my proclivity for low-brow humor for carrying it over the line

At the risk of adding something productive, as others have hinted at, I think there is a difference between selling sketches, studies, and such as "by-products" of the fully-realized paintings, and purposely producing those smaller pieces just to fill out that lower price-point category of offerings. I think I'd rather see that time devoted to producing the fully-realized full-size pieces, knowing that is where your desire lies. Now if you were interested in exploring some new technique best applied at the smaller size or exploring working on a smaller scale, I would feel differently, but personally, with my "art for art's sake" hat on, I'm not comfortable with the price point of the end product being the driving force for what direction your art takes. I guess if it came down to where the big pieces just weren't selling and it was the difference between putting food on the table and going hungry, all of us would understand, but I wouldn't let that drive the decision of which side of the table you're standing on at the National either.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 06-28-2014 at 10:06 AM.