View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 12:46 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
This thread should come with a warning that it may cost you some lost time and your sanity
I was going to post this in it's own thread since the situation has happened to all of us, but it's this damn thread that started it.

I read the thread last night and think, Gee. I didn't know this. I wonder if I have any? It's about 12:30am. Out comes a 4-row 18-inch-deep card box, which is jammed with cards, about 150 of which are 61T. This should be a snap. All the cards are either in a sleeve or a sleeve within a toploader. Slippery little bastards. I'm on the edge of my bed, pulling out a handful each time and thumbing through. Yet, each time one or two cards squirts out. Finally finished, I go to put the lid back on and BOOM, the box starts to fall off the bed and I reach over to grab it. There was that one second that seems like an eternity where I saw the future, and it wasn't pretty. The box was falling Upside down so the cards got a good headstart before they hit the nicely waxed slick hardwood floor, and then the box fell on top of them. There, on the floor, was a 3x3 square foot pile of cards that looked like 5 drunken card trick people had tried to fan them -- they needed more practice.
I tired to pick some up that were still spread in order but between the plastic and the floor it was like a greased Rosanne Barr on a Slip'n Slide. Two hours later, 2:30am, they were back in the box. Even then, I had only put them in order by sections of one hundred still not in numerical order. That job is for the future. The irony is that I found not a one of those stupid little baseballs with any green ink in it. This makes a strong case for binders.