View Single Post
Old 08-15-2007, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Default T-210 Red Border Break Down

Posted By: Ralph

I just thought that there are many on here interested in the T-210 card set that I would list the toughies.I found this set rather easy to assemble as my first lot I bought had 125 cards & it included a Joe Jackson along with 124 others at $5.00 a pop & the Jackson at $125.00 & in Exellent ++ condition.Now the Jackson card has not only become a much higher priced card it is very scarce & I would add it as a difficult find.Before I start reeling off the toughies let me add that I have been reading a lot of replies indicating the condition of these cards.It is a very condition sensitive set just like the Baseball Mayo & I believe the 1971 Topps Baseball had a black border & these card's chip easily.The overall condition of my set was better than Exellent as I had numerous cards from series 6,7 & 8 that in some cases the cards were perfect as in no chips ,creases & very sharp corners.So where are these kinds of cards now?In private hands by people who won't sell them.I know of some friends that have 30 of the T-210 cards all in great shape & they tried getting just a few cards from each series & where do you suppose those cards are in their home?Their hanging on their living room wall in a frame & they look beautiful.I too have had the pleasures of finding cards in odd places & have heard true stories as to them being found behind the walls of older homes & in pristine condition for not seeing the light of day.Now that I have rambled on enough here is the T-210 breakdown.

The Most Difficult:
Burnett-Montgomery Series 8
Hart-Montgomery Series 8
Cantwell-Fayetteville Series 7(Very,Very Difficult)
Dwyer-Fayetteville Series 7 (very ,Very Difficult)
Hyames-Wilmington Series 7 (lots of luck on this card**)
Smith-Atlanta Series 8
Whitaker-Richmond Series 6
Doster-New Orleans Series 8
Kelly-Mascot-Goldsboro Series 7(The sweetest looking card in the entire set)
McLaurin-Chattanooga series 8
Gisler-Maysville Series 6
Robertson-New Orleans series 8
Van Landingham-Shelbyville series 6
Drumm-Greenville Series 5
Merchant-Goldsboro Series 7

Semi-Difficult:
Jackson-New Orleans Series 8(Not for myself,but in todays collecting field)
Stengel-Maysville Series 6(Same notation as for Jackson card)
Yeager-Winchester Series 6
Paris-Scheneberg Portrait series 6
Ham-Raleigh Series 7
Goostree-Winchester Series 6 (Hands behind back)
Goostree-Winchester serirs 6 (Leaning on bat)
Rogers-Atlanta Series 8
Gunderson-Goldsboro Series 7
Cooper-Wilson Series 7

Believe IT OR NOT'S
Smith-Lynchburg-(Batting) Series 2
Erlewein-Charleston Series 4
Waymack-Richmond Series 2
Schwietzka-Columbia Series 1
Wysong-Greenville series 5

The Hyames card is a very unique card & the card is very desireable.I would like to add my opinion that I believe more T-210 cards will pop-up from this team.There you have it.This is a breakdown of the cards that gave me the most difficulties,remember these are the cards that I thought I would never find but in time they popped up.The Smith-Lynchburg Batting card was one of the last ones I needed & that card today is quite plentiful. I hope you all find this useful & while I am thinking about it why don't some of you guys post any from these I have listed as I would love to see the little red trinkets that I once owned(Foolishly sold).If anyone would like more info as to other cards they have on their wantlist I would be happy to respond & help you as to the best of my ability.Also want to say good luck completing the set if your going for it as it is not impossible but I will add that when I did it I had no use of the PC but you know what,I had no one to outbid me etc... so with the computer being used it limits ones chances on completing the set.Just my two cents.Hope this helps & enjoy your day.

Want to add that Prim-Raleigh was added to checklist in 1984.