View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 02:33 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Ticket writing isn't revenue generation? Understanding a PD is not solely there to collect revenue but I would bet lunch on the fact that revenue is budgeted and counted on.
And do you really think police departments don't discuss the ticket revenue?
I had occasion to discuss this with a retired LAPD precinct captain. He told me that there are no ratios or budgets per se for ticket writing or revenue--the infamous quota does not exist--but that when a cop's rate of ticket writing starts to fall below his average the PD considers it evidence that the patrolman isn't paying attention to what is going on in his patrol area and he will be questioned about it.

As for whether self-reporting a traffic infraction is the same as not using Paypal gift for purchases, the two are not equivalent. The equivalent would be speeding or not speeding. Also, the argument that because I speed I should not have an issue with cheating paypal is a form of false logic called Two Wrongs Make A Right (Tu Quoque): a charge of wrongdoing is answered by a rationalization that others have sinned, or might have sinned.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 05-24-2012 at 02:39 PM.